Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
it´s a pleasure for us (Austrian Society for Geomechanics) to inform you that the arrangements for the ISRM Regional Symposium EUROCK 2015 to be held in October 2015 in Salzburg, Austria, are already in full swing.
We planned eleven sessions for the symposium.
- *Long-term behavior of civil structures in rock
- *Tunneling under challenging conditions
- *Mass movements
- *Rock mechanical aspects of excavation
- *Monitoring and safety management
- *Determination of rock and rock mass properties
- *Rock mechanical aspects of nuclear waste repositories
- *Micromechanics of rocks
- *Modelling in rock and rock masses
- *Mining rock mechanics
- *Young researchers’ session
In addition prior to the symposium six very interesting workshops will be offered to the participants
- Digital ground mapping
- Design practices for the 21st Century
- Contractual models
- Workshop Itasca Consultants GmbH
- Workshop on FEMDEM by Geomechanica, Inc.
The accompanying program will include a dinner, a concert, a welcome cocktail and sightseeing-tours. Furthermore we organize trips to interesting construction sites (tunnels, hydro power plants, etc.).
The abstract submission deadline is December 1st, 2014 (submission.eurock2015.com) and we would really appreciate if you could inform the members of your national group of the ISRM about the upcoming EUROCK 2015.
In addition we would appreciate if you could announce the symposium on your homepage.
Please keep in mind that the abstract submission deadline is set to December 1st, 2014. Still two weeks to go.
For further information on the symposium please visit our homepage (http://www.eurock2015.com/en/) or contact us (info[at]eurock2015.com).
If you don´t mind, we would send you the updated symposium flyer and poster for your use for announcements in the next days.
We are looking forward to see many of your members contributing to the symposium and hopefully we can see you in Salzburg next year.
Chairman of EUROCK 2015