The Finnish National Group of ISRM and the Finnish Association of Civil Engineers RIL invite you to the 7th International Symposium on In-Situ Rock Stress RS2016, to be held 10–12 May 2016 in the beautiful city of Tampere, Finland.
The Symposium consists of interesting keynote presentations, parallel sessions and technical excursions. Post-symposium excursions will be arranged to Olkiluoto nuclear waste repository site (as first in the world!) and Pyhäsalmi mine (one of the oldest and deepest underground mines in Europe).
- Please keep visiting the website www.rs2016.org for the latest information.
- Click here to download the call for papers leaflet.
- Submit your abstract by August 3, 2015!
This symposium encompasses all aspects of rock stresses such as:
- Rock stress measurements with different methods
- Interpretation and analysis of results
- Case studies (nuclear waste disposal, mining, civil engineering)
- Regional stress fields
- Seismicity and rock stress
- New, innovated stress measurement methods – Rock structures and rock stress
- Stress modeling
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- “Stress measurements in Finnish nuclear waste site”, Kimmo Kemppainen, Posiva Oy
- “Fennoscandian stress field”, Ove Stephansson, Steph Rock Consulting AB
- “Deep mine stresses, mining induced seismicity”, Stephen D. McKinnon, Queens University
- “Development of hydraulic fracturing method”, Francois Cornet, Emeritus Professor
An integrated approach for the evaluation of measurements and inferences of in-situ stresses”, Ömer Aydan, University of Ryukyus